Although Windows 10 boasts to be one of the most powerful systems in the market, it is still vulnerable to errors as much as its previous versions.
And along all this time, I have too faced various minor and major problems on my Windows 10 PC, however, what I have concluded is that you can fix most of these issues very easily on your own.
So in this post, I’ll show you solutions to 5 of the most common Windows 10.
1. Stuck Update In Downloading Or Installing
If you didn’t know, Windows 10 automatically updates its packages in case you have this option enabled. Many times, updates related to Windows get pushed altogether, so this may be the reason that it is causing the issue.
And this is particularly true in the event that your connection is troublesome. If the Windows Auto Update File won’t download or install, most probably, the file is already corrupted.
Here’s how to fix this:
- Press Win + R to open Run.
- Type C:WindowsSoftwareDistributionDownload and then select OK.
- Now delete all the files that are in the folder but not the folder.
- Restart your computer.
2. Battery Draining Issues
Okay, so you are newly upgraded to Windows 10, possibilities are that the new version of Windows has affected the battery life.
You can fix this issue by checking that your drivers are up to date so that they do not strain with the new updates. Likewise, you can turn off a few features that you do not require, for example, Cortana.
To do this, follow the steps below:
- Go to Search.
- Type Cortana.
- Now, disable Let Cortana respond to Hey Cortana.
Furthermore, Automatic Windows Update may also have an impact on the battery.
To turn it off, follow the steps below:
- Go to Update and Security.
- Now go to Windows Update.
- Select Advanced Options & switch Off for ‘Choose how updates are delivered’.
3. Changed Default App Choices
Maybe you changed the default app settings or maybe Windows is trying to be funny? Well, here’s how to solve this issue:
- Press Win + I & select System.
- Now from the left side pane, choose Default apps.
- After that, select the specific app of your choice to open files like photos, videos, documents, and so on.
4. Cannot Install or Update Store Apps
Can’t install or update store applications? Then you should try updating the Microsoft Store application to fix the issue.
In the Microsoft Store, go to Settings and then select Download and Updates > Get updates. Okay, but in case this does not help you, you can try this:
- Go to Start and then go to Settings.
- Now locate Updates & Security.
- Go to Troubleshoot and then choose Windows Store Apps.
- Now Windows will then automatically locate and repair the store app that cannot update or install applications.
5. Slow Boot-Up
This is a very common issue that many Windows 10 users face, however, it is easy to solve.
Follow these steps:
- Go to Start and search for Power Options.
- Now Control Panel window for this selection will come up. On the left side pane, select the ‘What power buttons do’
- Now select Change settings and uncheck the Turn on fast startup
- Now click on Save changes.
As you can see, Windows 10 problems don’t have to let you break out in a cold sweat. So ultimately if you follow these fixes, your problems will be easily & quickly resolved.